Malvern or Remote
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
Our client has built a cloud-native AWS landing zone, providing staff and customers with access to standardised services, security controls, and patterns for adoptions. We're also looking to expand to Azure and other cloud platforms. There is a huge drive in the company to adopt cloud technology - alongside others that compliment it, such as: Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD of infrastructure and cloud configurations, containerisation, and DevOps generally. We evangelise these technologies internally and to our customers.
This is a new opportunity for a Cloud Software Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals delivering new and exciting systems into the Defence environment. This role is suitable for an experienced software developer with experience of cloud technologies (primarily AWS).
the successful candidate will:
- Advise and shape technical cloud best practice for projects, working with the technical lead to shape and deliver future capability
- Play a key role in delivering critical work packages
- Create and implement designs that reflect the major benefits of cloud such as scalability, availability, redundancy, and security
- Work with other engineers to provide consistent and novel ways of working, design patterns, and cross-team working
The successful candidate will be an experienced software Engineer with experience working with AWS in a professional environment. You will have knowledge of multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, etc) and have Infrastructure as code experience, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets