Senior Business Analyst
We are actively looking to secure a Senior Business Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation.
You will be working with internal product owners and a dynamic team of technologists using bleeding edge software development practices with the backing of a large multinational organisation. We have multiple scrum teams consisting of scrum masters, business analysts, user experience professionals, server and user interface developers, and quality assurance engineers. We strongly follow agile principles of continuous improvement:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Are you an outstanding Business Analyst with strong communication skills and plenty of experience of working with Agile development frameworks? Are you passionate about Business Analysis as a Discipline? We are looking for a BA to join us in the Engineering Team to deliver high quality analysis deliverables across the Enterprise.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that sees the value that Business Analysts can bring to the Agile development process, and where there are fantastic opportunities to shape the role and develop your career. What's more, you'll get to work for the market leader in building the next generation of software for the industry.
LIAISON & COMMUNICATION
- Be the main point of contact with Product Managers in order to elicit, analyse, and validate complex business requirements for the software we're building.
- Provide input to the Roadmap planning and prioritisation activities
- Control change from Product Managers that could affect the business case.
- Document and translate the business requirements into detailed user stories for our UX and development teams with supporting diagrams, Acceptance Criteria and Rationales.
AGILE & SCRUM
- Act as a proxy for the Product Managers as the key point of contact with the development teams to answer their questions about the requirements.
- Be accountable for maintaining a quality backlog of user stories, through activities such as backlog grooming.
- Provide input to the prioritisation of the backlog to make sure the development teams are working on the right things in the right order.
- Be accountable for the quality of your work, ensuring it's delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes.
- Look at how we're working and suggest how we can do it even better!
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Experience in Scrum / Agile methodology, including writing user stories and acceptance criteria Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Business analysis experience within a global organisation.
- Ability to capture business requirements and represent them effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple complex deliverables simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills including ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis, research and process mapping skills.
- Excellent writing skills - both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to coach more junior members of the team in Business Analysis tools and techniques
- Customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer.
- Detail oriented and highly organised, with the ability handle multiple complex tasks.
- Understanding the principles of usability and ensuring the software is fit for purpose.
- Understanding requirements management best practice and ensuring these practices are used.
- Understanding the effects of technology used within development, and the impact on the business client.
- An understanding of :
- Cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc);
- Authentication Flows;
- Data Modelling;
- Authentication Types (strong, continuous etc.);
- Authentication Protocols (client credentials, authorisation code etc.);
- and working with APIs would be highly beneficial.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Knowledge of Business Analysis Book of Knowledge or CBAP an advantage
- Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Internet proficient