Role Title: Senior Body Electronics Engineer
Location: Woking, United Kingdom
We are exclusively partnered with a world-leading automotive brand where their vehicles are admired and desired across the world for luxurious design and outstanding performance. Their sporting heritage is unequalled and driving them is an incredible experience and being the ideas and expertise behind their creation is even more exhilarating. This is a genuine opportunity to be a part of one of the most talked-about automotive brands in the worl
As a member of the Electrical Systems team, you will be part of a core systems design & development team focused on systems for future our client's sports cars. You will be responsible for a number of systems from identifying future technology, defining a technology roadmap and following that roadmap, developing technology through the engineering lifecycle, into production.
The position requires a highly motivated and hands-on team player with exceptional attention to detail, diligence, and a positive attitude. The fast-paced development and bespoke target platform provide a challenging environment suited to an engineer who can quickly develop skills in new areas and liaise with other engineering teams within a multidisciplinary environment. Our customers expect high standards and we require staff capable of meeting such demands.
Below are some of the systems you could own as a Senior Body Electronics Engineer:
- Body Control
- Security Control, Alarm, Tracker
- Door Control
- Keys, Passive Entry, Passive Start
- Occupant Restraint Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Low Voltage Battery & Charger
- Park Assistance
- Powered Closures
- Domain Controllers
- Ethernet Switches
- Network ECUs
- Gateway Units
As Senior Body Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the following:
- Technical Specifications
- Design Failure Mode Analysis (DFMEA)
- Engineering Releases and Change Control Management
- Vehicle Bill of Materials (BoM) structuring
- Quality concern investigation and resolution
- Specific attribute targets are achieved
- Design validation plans are in place and executed to sign-off all systems
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- At least 5 years of experience of systems design & development, systems engineering & the engineering V-lifecycle within an OEM or tier 1
- Degree qualified in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong technical project management skills with proven evidence of decision making and accountability is essential. It is core to the success of our business that these primary roles have the required level of leadership and motivation to succeed
- Previous experience of OEM or tier one electronic system management utilising all the key attributes, with a demonstrable record of delivery.
- Supplier management, comfortable with understanding and implementing requirements within the project scope.
- Documentation of Technical Specifications, DFMEA, DVP, Timing Plans, Minutes and Actions of Meetings.
- Experience with Vector automotive products (or equivalent) e.g. CANoe, CANape, CANalyser, would be advantageous.
- Experience of the Systems Development Lifecycle (V Model).
- Experience with systems of responsibility within body electronics systems
- Knowledge of CAN and CAN based tools.
- Experience and understanding of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and software
- Experience of systems testing of HMI-based systems
Combine all of this with a world-leading automotive business, you will find structured opportunities to further your career, private healthcare, access to an executive company car scheme, generous pension contributions, flexible working options and much more.