Senior Automation Tester
Location: Remote working
Our Client have built a cloud-native AWS landing zone, providing staff and customers with access to standardised services, security controls, and patterns for adoptions. We're also looking to expand to Azure and other cloud platforms.
There is a huge drive in the company to adopt cloud technology - alongside others that compliment it, such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD of infrastructure and cloud configurations, containerisation, and DevOps generally. We evangelise these technologies internally and to our customers.
The role would be to act as a Test Engineer for project work and the Clients core cloud platform, We are looking for a strong Automation Tester with an interest to develop within Cloud Testing. Some of the things you would be doing include:
- Implementing DevOps processes / tooling Implementing automated testing of cloud native infrastructure and systems.
- Delivering technical best practice with the cloud team Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats Identifying technical problems and instigating fixes
- Working with other engineers to ensure that system development follows established processes and works as intended
- Assisting on the design of infrastructure, responses to bids
- Experienced in software testing and testing methodologies
- Technical degree (computer science, maths, engineering, or equivalent) and/or similar technical experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience working with AWS in a professional environment
- A cloud related certification (we're after AWS Solutions Architect Associate or higher)
- In-depth knowledge of automated test tools and appropriateness of use
- Knowledge of multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, etc)
- Infrastructure as code experience, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets