Location: Leeds, Stourton
Contract Duration: Atleast 6 Months
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Native experience
- Experience as Lead or Senior Android / iOS Engineer in a large-scale mobile engineering environment
- Strong Leadership
- Mentoring Junior/Mid-Engineers,
- Participating in technical show & tells
- Passionate about open source ways of working
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and DevOps environment
- Track record of identifying and implementing opportunities to enable Android / iOS engineers to develop more productively and with high quality
- Experience collaborating effectively across multiple engineering centers in multiple territories
- Advocate for quality
- Be an ambassador for writing testable code
- Gatekeeper for definition of done
- Document solutions
- Write blog articles
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Coding Experience in Swift or Kotlin
- Creative thinking skills
- Experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the "status quo"
We are looking for a Mobile Technical Lead that can help further the success of our everyday banking apps. We are seeking individuals who see this as an opportunity to build the idealized banking experience across a vast platform. One that solves real problems for our users, adds real value and provides relevant services and insights.
The Technical Lead in the team is a passionate, inspiring technologist who leads by example, champions' innovation and quality and knows how to deliver.
Day to day you will be working with digital products managers, architects, technical product Manager, delivery managers and designers through the product lifecycle. You will be responsible for leading the engineers to build the product together with digital product managers in order to deliver highly scalable, reusable and global products.
What you'll do:
- Establish and maintain the community of Android / iOS engineers across the Mobile CFT, HDS and beyond
- Lead (and govern the adoption of) the definition of the 'HSBC way' of engineering Android / iOS mobile apps
- Helping with designing, maintaining and improving the CI/CD tools and build pipelines
- Collaborate with technical leaders and product owners to contribute to product and project strategy, code standards, roadmap definition, and requirements gathering
- Collaborate with the recruiting team and regional Heads of Engineering to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the Android / iOS engineering community
- Participate in broader discussions about mobile software architecture
- Grow the technical expertise of the Android / iOS engineering community
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class tools and capabilities for our Android / iOS engineering community
- Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities