About the Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Operations Lead to join our expanding Cyber Security team. You will be reporting to the Head of Cyber Security within the IT department; having responsibility for the development, evolution and implementation of fit for purpose and innovative Security Operations that mitigate security risks.
You will manage and evolve the current cyber security operations team and provide excellent incident, vulnerability and risk management services.
You will have a wonderful opportunity to focus on introducing new and evolving security capabilities.
- Establish and maintain cyber security safeguards to ensure that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure and processes are adequately protected
- Provide input, and direction, to the Cyber Security strategy
- Implementation of a Security Operations Centre (SoC), and effective management to operationalise the service effectively
- Lead Vulnerability / Threat Management and Security Critical Incident Response
- Establish, monitor, evaluate and report in a professional manner; clearly highlighting the current state of Security Operations and any associated risks to the Executive committee
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them engaged and up to date with security incidents
- Partner effectively to ensure IT response and continuity plans are documented, well communicated and practiced
- Day to day security operational continuous improvement
- Drive cultural change to ensure that detection and monitoring is a key consideration when new applications, services and infrastructure are developed in the organisation
- Provide input and support to audit requests
- Lead by example by living the values of the company.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in leading Cyber Security Operations team
- Proven ability to implement key Security Operations services and processes
- Excellent Incident Management and communication skills
- Effective utilisation, and management, of external suppliers
- Effective team leadership and coaching skills
- Able to react quickly, decisively and professional
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Naturally curious, with a tenacity to mitigate incidents
- A passion for Cyber Security and its role in Industry
- Excellent knowledge of the Cyber Security Industry and providers
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Professional, innovative and collaborative style of working