Experis has an exciting new 12 month contract opportunity for a fully remote working Security Architect.
Title: Security Architect
Rate: £821.50 per day (via umbrella)
Length: 12 months
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a Security Architect, one who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues across a large enterprise, its multiple offerings, and various lines of business. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, to drive engineering, development, and business teams to take the right actions in the right time frames to mitigate risks.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. Has passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, recognise and fill gaps from a defence-in-depth perspective.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge, a demonstrated background in Information Technology and Security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, although having a specialisation primarily in one of these domains:
Cryptography, Network, Infrastructure, Open Source Software, DevOps / CICD Pipelines, Virtualization, Cloud-Native Technologies, Application Security, Malware Analysis, Forensics, Security Operations, Incident Response, or an emerging technology are welcomed.
Tasks and goals for which the Security Architect is responsible:
- Strong leadership, project and team-building skills, including the ability to lead teams and drive projects and initiatives for multiple lines of business
- Advise, Design, implement enterprise-class security systems for production environments, both internal and external to the organisation
- Align company standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with company information and security standards
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and empathy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Business Awareness: You have an understanding about the business that you're trying to secure. For example, working knowledge of cloud technologies, the ability to describe what the security concerns and impact might be for an organisation looking to move from on-premises compute to public cloud
Distributed Systems / Software Design: Understand the compromises that teams make every day in order to make things work. Security Architects should have strong opinions about the right way to build
Threats, Risks, and Modelling: Know the difference between a threat and risk. The ability to understand what organisations need to protect, who they need to protect it from, and how that protection should work
Vulnerabilities and Exploitation: The ability to discern between a weakness, flaw, or error found within a system, software, host, etc. which have the potential to be leveraged by an attacker in order to compromise a network, application, an infrastructure, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5 or more years of experience as an Architect (Software, Solutions, Network, Security, etc.)
- Experience with Incident Response / Operations or addressing breaches, incidents
- Experience with forensic analysis
- Experience with C, Python, Java or Go is a plus
- Experience with IBM Cloud, OpenStack, AWS, or similar proprietary cloud environments
- Experience with CICD and Development Pipelines
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Agile design and Project Management methodologies
The successful candidate will meet all/most of the above criteria. If you'd like to be considered, please apply for the position to be contacted by an Experis consultant.