6 months plus extensions
Paying up to £600 per day outside of IR35
The role holder will work alongside DevOps engineers, application architects and cloud architects with clients to understand their requirements, propose solutions, oversee the implementation and then provide continued advice and guidance to the delivery teams once up and running. The role will also assess and uplift skills and support the embedding of new practices in the teams to further the client's digital journey.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Technical elaboration of client requirements and low-level solution design
- Implementation of frontend & backend systems for our clients
· Quality assurance and code reviews of existing codebases
· Participation in release management
· Participation in Agile Ceremonies
· Coaching development team
· Discussing requirements with Clients
Signs of success
To be successful in this role, you'll need a combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes. See below to find out if you're the person we're looking for. The role will be expected to travel to customer and Atos sites UK wide; working from client/office/home locations as appropriate. Flexible working arrangements will be available.
Our pride in offering dynamic solutions reaches further than our clients because we understand that our success comes from the heartbeat of our company; which is ultimately our people. We encourage those who may need a more agile approach to the structure of their working day to apply; we are always willing to discuss flexible options where we can.
Skills we can't do without:
For this assignment we are looking for developers who are competent with or experts on (depending on seniority) using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services with both HTML web frontends and JSON APIs aligned to the GDS Service Standard.
Recent Experience (5+ years) in
- Scala with SBT
- Play! Framework (Scala bindings)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Version control (Git & GitHub)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Oracle Databases
Developers will be competent with, or experts on using Scala and the Play! Framework to develop cloud based micro service architecture services with both HTML web frontends and JSON APIs.
Designers will be expected to create static HTML and CSS prototypes. They will know how to code for different screen sizes and can version and host a prototype.
In addition, we are looking for candidates who have:
- Worked within or led multidisciplinary teams in an Agile and DevOps environment.
- Experience delivering solutions confirming to Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to the GDS Service Standard
- Problem-solving skills and ability collaborate with developers to overcome development and operational issues.
Skills we'd like:
- Wider experience in front end web development frameworks
- Experience of in one or more of these languages, Python, Ruby, Node.JS and Go.
- Qualified SCRUM Master
- Qualified in and experience delivering SAFe programmes
- Experience defining the security enforcing measures to meet client's stringent security requirements, including OWASP top 10 and authorisation technologies.
- Proven experience of implementing unit testing of software, Behavior-Driven Development and/or Test-Driven Development.
- Background in the development of Restful Web Services.
- Use of public cloud & API services to deliver applications.
- Understanding how to build observable applications.
- Experience working in Central Government, Military or Police accounts.
If you feel you are suitable for this role please submit your CV in the first instance