Scala Developer (Functional)
West London (remote until further notice)
Our client is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries! They are home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
What you'll do:
- Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
- Take a proactive role on production issues and release management
- Support and maintain the live product (including first line support) along with the development team
- Collaborate with technical analysts and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost estimates and technical risk
- Take an active role in story definition, working closely with testers and business stakeholders to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
- Participate and lead when appropriate in daily stand-up meetings, reviews and retrospectives, contributing to the team's technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
What you'll bring:
- Solid commercial experience as a Scala developer (ideally Functional)
- Be able to provide examples of where you have worked on High Scalable systems or High TPS Api's have you worked on
- Strong TDD/BDD and unit testing skills
- Strong experience of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong NFT testing skills with experience of Gatling
- Passion for Agile software delivery and pair programming best practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Background in software development for high traffic, high availability large scale backend systems
- Experience working in high volume environment / high traffic production type clients (eCommerce, Betting backgrounds)
- Background in monitoring tools such as Grafana/Prometheus etc
- Enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
You can also expect to work with loads of Java, Scrum, Kanban, RESTful Web Services/APIs, Extreme Programming (XP), Reactive Systems, Microservices Architecture, testing tools (ScalaTest) and mocking frameworks (Mockito), Cloud-Based Service Delivery, Akka, Spray, Play, Redis, Spring MVC, JPA, Hibernate, Architectural/Integration Design Patterns, Git, Unix/Linux, Cassandra, SQL and other NoSQL databases.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance