Role: SC cleared Scrum Master
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Gloucestershire / remote
Duration: 6-12 months
*Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company
This role will be responsible for delivering the next-generation of technology to our client. Our client is making a transformation to a digital on demand service providing a portfolio of cloud native applications and services. In order to do this, they need to have a platform suitable for these new-age applications. You will be hired as one of the best and brightest in your field who can challenge the team to think about solutions differently and have an inherent appreciation of how user experience of our products will be a critical factor in uptake and adoption.
As a Scrum Master, you will be seen as an expert in your field and will contribute to the successful delivery of client technology services, activities will include but are not limited to:
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting our customers
- Guiding the team in adoption and application of Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
You will form part of a distributed team that will drive best practice in the adoption of agile delivery, we work in a lean agile fashion with fortnightly sprints. You will be expected to collaborate with and support other agile product development teams and operational teams whose primary responsibilities will be to support services in production and pre-production environments.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban etc…
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
The successful candidate will hold active SC clearance or be eligible and willing to undergo the relevant checks
Please submit CVs today!