Great contract position open for a SaS Engineer with experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and 'big data' and data analytics solutions, to come on-board and work for a government client. This position will be a 6 month contract with remote working available as well as competitive rates
The design, development, testing and support of data and analytics software solutions within the Business unit.
* Work as part of an Agile software delivery team; typically delivering within an Agile Scrum framework.
* You will work on the full range of software engineering and solutions development activity; covering requirements gathering and analysis, solutions design, software coding and development, testing, implementation and live support.
* You will contribute to the software engineering communities by providing your ideas for innovation and process improvement and coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Experience as a software engineer delivering within large scale and complex 'big data' and data analytics solutions.
* Ability to operate at all stages of the software engineering lifecycle
* Experience of Agile Scrum based delivery
* Personal drive, enthusiasm, willingness to learn
* Excellent communications skills
* Technical expertise in several of our key technologies: SAS Analytics, Base, SAS DM Studio, SAS Decision manager, SAS DI server, SAS DI Studio, SAS Enterprise guide, SAS Fraud framework, SAS Information maps, SAS Model manager, SAS Platform administration, SAS Programming, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Investigator, SAS Visual text analytics, SAS Visual mining and machine learning. SAS Viya, SAS Web reporting and dashboard
Required knowledge -
* SAS 9.2 experience, covering:
o SAS Enterprise Guide
o SAS DI Studio
o SAS Management Console
o SAS Information Map Studio
o SAS Web Report Studio
o SAS BI Dashboard
o Platform Flow Manager
o Familiarity with AIX/Linux
o Unix scripting
o Weblogic 10
* Soft skills:
o Good customer-facing skills
o Problem solver
Providing technical advice/governance to user