The postholder will help our commercial leadership team achieve our growth targets by providing actionable insight into our sales performance, identifying areas for improvement, assisting in the setting and monitoring of targets, and managing our sales reporting at all levels, from individual pipeline management, to insight reports for team meetings and monthly board reports.
This role is critical to help us drive our growth through continual improvement and detailed analysis of every element of our sales performance and in addition to managing sales reporting, you will support pipeline management and forecasting across our business, by providing insightful reports and analytics, identifying gaps, providing recommendations and other insights.
Our CRM system day to day support function will be part of your team and the process by which sales contracts become orders, will be down to you to manage and streamline, to reduce admin burden and time lag on the sales team.
You will also be responsible for the management of our Sales Incentive Plan (SIP), ensuring accurate reporting, forecasting and accruals on a monthly basis.
With a true analytical and numerical mindset, you will have a track record of solving complex problems, building on best practice, setting up processes and procedures and show a real drive for operational excellence.
* Support our sales managers by providing performance reporting and analysis, reviewing any gaps in data analysis, and closing those gaps
* Support pipeline management and forecasting for our sales teams by providing insightful reports and analytics, identifying gaps and making recommendations to improve
* Work with the relevant teams to build and maintain a real-time reporting infrastructure and dashboards from our CRM, which enable immediate identification of performance drivers, lead and lag indicators
* Ensure data quality and hygiene with our CRM and other sales reporting tools
* Continually monitor our sales process for ways to streamline and improve, increasing sales velocity
* Drive tactical planning across the business, using our pipeline to identify resource requirements and potential service delivery issues
* Manage our Sales Incentive Plan (SIP), preparing payments as required, providing summaries to individuals and managers and ensuring accurate accruals are made from a financial perspective
* Support the Commercial Director in overseeing the sales P&L, ensuring correct processes are followed for purchase orders, approvals, expenses and suppliers
* Oversee our CRM and other tech stack sales tools as needed, ensuring the correct use, training of users, simplification of process and manage licences and the use thereof, providing insight to managers for actions as needed (e.g. LinkedIn Navigator use and effectiveness)
* Own our commercial sharepoint site, ensuring the information and guidance is up to date and relevant.
Technical / Professional Qualifications / Requirements:
Experience of working with a global sales team, with diverse cultures and skillsets and experience in training and coaching sales programs
Experience in owning the end to end process of tracking sales and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel
Demonstrable experience in building and using reports that inform reps, managers and leadership on historical results, current performance and expected results in the future
A demonstrable record of working as part of a cross-functional team
Experience of Microsoft Dynamics
Degree or tertiary qualification in Business, Mathematics, Economics or Statistics is desirable
Minimum of 2 years sales operations experience is essential
Must be a self-starter, responsive, detail-oriented and analytical with strong organisational skills
A team player, that recognises success rests on helping others to be successful
Experience in supporting system implementations is a plus