6 month contract
Decent Day rates
Remote - The odd travel to the London Office
A senior-level Ruby developer who can get up to speed quickly and bring additional hands-on experience to our team.
- An excellent communicator, accustomed to operating in small, distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solution-focused, always thinking of the overall objective and understanding the meaning of done means done.
- Ready to guide and support other team members when needed, as well as reaching out when things aren't going your way.
- Experience as a back-end developer in a commercial environment with expert knowledge of Ruby (with and without Rails) OR demonstrated experience in adapting from other languages (
- REST API development
and strong experience of:
- Git, using pull requests
- TDD with build/test automation
- Both project-led and agile/scrum environments
while the following experience would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Integration of third-party services and data
- Working with Ruby outside of Rails
- Close cooperation with operations teams to consider scalability and observability of services
- Pubsub and message queueing
- AWS (particularly IoT, SQS, and SNS)
- Some frontend development capability
If you feel like your skill set matched the above, please submit you CV for review.