Role: Business Analyst
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
*Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company
The D&A Data Governance Office has inherited several critical regulatory projects and is working to drive out a Data Governance Strategy across the division. The Data Governance Strategy work includes driving an execution plan to ensure the division is compliant with Group Data Policy & Standards but is primarily focused on trying to support D&A Business growth.
The team is currently small and as a result, resources are being stretched across these initiatives. We are hiring strong candidates to join us in 2021 on a contract basis but anticipate that roles will continue on a contract or potentially permanent basis once funding for 2022 is approved.
We need to hire Business Analysts to support us to execute against one or more of these initiatives, driving execution and working with senior management across a growing stakeholder population to ensure business objectives are achieved.
They will support day-to-day delivery on the projects but will additionally work with the Data Governance Manager and existing teams to support the broader strategy and planning.
Data Governance and the associated challenges already impacting the D&A organisation are increasingly a focus at the Exco level and opportunities to drive transformation and support Business growth through this work is an exciting challenge.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Day-to-day delivery against aggressive regulatory project deadlines
* Support the team to define & manage project roadmap; ensure alignment of delivery plans & dependencies
* Ensure availability of realistic delivery plans
* Work to focus on strict control of scope
* Continue to monitor project objectives and planning with reference to the strategic business objectives
* Apply change control, risk and resource management principles
* Implement robust project governance with clear visibility into cross-team interdependencies and risks
* Clear Communication and project reporting
* Identification of dependencies from/to other key initiatives and management of these dependencies
* Ensure transparency to the portfolio of projects and programmes at all levels
* Stakeholder management at all levels
* Support process improvement and service excellence in helping to build a leading change delivery function
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
* Experience in delivering regulatory projects
* Strong track record of delivering successful projects in a large, high-profile, and complex global organizations
* Experience working in a high-pressured, time-sensitive environment
* Ability to deliver business value and priorities through Data projects
* Ability to make decisions on tactical vs strategic solution approaches
* Ability to think strategically and creatively, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience engaging with stakeholders at Exec level, managing across time zones and cultures
* Strong influencing skills across both business and technology
* Ability to deliver against demanding deadlines and key milestones
* Reporting and data analysis; able to visually represent data and processes at a senior levels
* Strong Data Governance background and understanding - including Data Strategy
* GDPR and/or Data Privacy knowledge would be a real benefit
Please submit CVs today!