Location: Hybrid Holborn 2 days per month
We are actively looking to secure a QA Tester to join Experis.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Job Purpose/The Role:
The candidate would have an excellent working knowledge of quality assurance and testing lifecycle with specific experience and understanding of automated testing through (and integrated with) CICD pipelines in Azure DevOps.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Implementing all test activities within Core Defra and Programme test strategies, policies, and patterns.
- Working with product team to define acceptance criteria and testable outcomes.
- Implementation of automation test frameworks.
- Writing and executing test scripts (primary focus on automated scripts).
- Undertaking exploratory testing activities, where automation is not possible (by exception).
- Reviewing scripts produced by development team.
- Ensuring all QA and testing processes are fully documented.
- Capturing test metrics, producing, and communicating test reports to stakeholders.
- Raising and managing Defects within the sprint iterations.
- Investigating problems in the implementation, following test failures.
- Collaborating with team and stakeholders.
- Producing test closure reports to support releases to production.
- Providing feedback and suggests to project, product, and stakeholder teams.
- Previous experience working as a QA / tester in an iterative Agile delivery environment.
- Good team and stakeholder communication skills.
- Excellent working experience development test lifecycle experience, and knowledge of good practice test frameworks.
- Experience of multiple test patterns (e.g., static code analysis, unit, functional, integration, data accessibility, performance, security, penetration testing).
- Practical experience using automation test frameworks, tools, and technologies.
- Practical experience writing and executing automated test scripts using multiple languages and tools.
- Ideal experience of having worked on Azure based data projects.
- Be proficient in multiple languages (of particular interest would be SQL, TSQL, Python, PowerShell, and C#/ .Net).
- Experience of defect management processes.
- Used to working with Azure DevOps and Azure test Plans, using CI/CD patterns and practices.
- Experience creating test strategies.
- Experience defining test metrics and quality gates.
- Experience producing test reports and managing defects through to resolution.
- Proven experience of good collaboration skills (team leaders, delivery teams and Stakeholders).
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental cover
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Maternity Pay/Shared Parental leave and paternity leave
- Sick pay
Suitable Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance.