QA Engineer (REST APIs, Java, Agile, IntelliJ/Eclipse Development)
We are actively looking to secure a QA Engineer to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
As a QA Engineer you'll be knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about technology. You'll enjoy pairing with other smart people and use agile methodologies to ensure your projects and team succeeds to add value to the products and services. As a member of the Scrum team within Software Engineering, you will:
- Work along with the technical analysts/product owners and developers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied through testing.
- Pair with developers to ensure functional validation of the system.
- Define, execute and co-ordinate integration tests for the platform.
- As part of Continuous Delivery of the systems, act as a quality gate-keeper to ensure that only production ready software is released.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning games, showcases, and retrospectives.
- Be the point of contact for external teams/ projects which interact with your team's systems.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and perform detailed root cause analysis of issues that may occur in live systems.
- Functional and integration testing experience of REST APIs.
- Excellent core Java skills (Java 8/Java 11) or a similar Object-Oriented programming language.
- Agile development and Scrum; comfortable with practices like pair programming and code review. Experience of pair programming.
- IntelliJ / Eclipse IDE development experience
- Experience of Cucumber framework (BDD)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Shell scripting
- A background in Continuous Integration and Delivery practices using Jenkins
- ISTQB certification
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.