QA Automation Engineer
3-6 Month - Contract
Livingston, Scotland (Remote)
Pay £300 - £400 per day
My client are a leading Telecommunications company who are on the lookout for an experienced Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our technology team. You will be working within an agile team and will be responsible for inputting to the design and build of automated tests to ensure adequate and effective test coverage.
As a QA Automation Engineer…
- You will provide test assurance of the user stories according to the defined acceptance test criteria; whilst working in a test-first environment.
- You will work closely with Software Engineers to deliver the test activities to meet the requirements, whilst contributing to effective agile delivery.
- You will regularly participate in estimation activities and are encouraged to identify opportunities to maximise test benefit within the team.
- You will report to and provide regular updates to the Continuous Integration Coach; providing assurance at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure test best practice, continual improvements and appropriate standards are adhered to.
What we're looking for:
If you're interested in joining a fantastic, dynamic team, we're looking for individuals that can demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Designing and implementing test activities using TDD/BDD
- Delivering automated test frameworks in a test-first CI/CD environment
- Ability to design the appropriate end to end test approach for automation
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to highlight early when work is at risk of not completing within a sprint
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on process improvement
If this is of interest, then apply today for immediate consideration!!! Please note that the location will be Remote currently due to COVID restrictions but if eased it will be based at the client's site in Livingston.