Job title: IT Project Manager
Reports to: Head of Applications Transformation - Engineering
Location: Coventry but some adhoc global travel required
Our clients team work closely with functions across the global business to identify, develop and deploy engineering capability globally. The portfolio is varied but is focussed on the engineering arena which includes shop floor. The IT Project Manager will oversee a number of parallel projects and deliver a varied mix of engineering applications projects ranging from application version upgrades to delivery of new engineering applications. A key requirement will be to manage the global rationalisation and consolidation of engineering applications.
The role will need to work closely with the business and workstream leads to shape and drive a delivery plan. Knowledge and strong experience of successfully delivering engineering/IT projects.
The role will work closely with the engineering function, business sites and workstream leads to shape and drive a delivery plan.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, resourceful and resilient leader capable of managing multiple IT delivery projects with challenging timescales. They will be used to a matrix organisation and have experience of working with and delivering IT capabilities across globally spread teams using a structured project management methodology. An element of travel will be required depending on projects.
- Grow a solid delivery team trusted to deliver excellence.
- Work closely with the business teams, IT architects and project sponsor to define and deliver Manufacturing projects to the business requirements.
- Ensure projects within the portfolio are delivered to Time, Cost, Scope and customer satisfaction is high.
- Own the Request For Proposal (RFP) process to identify and appoint the 3rd party delivery partners.
- Be the prime project interface for internal stakeholders and customers. Facilitate creation of communication plans.
- Develop integrated resource plans and ensure appropriate internal and 3rd party resources are engaged, directed and co-ordinated in a timely manner.
- Develop and execute the plan for delivering project milestones and manage all costs and internal and external resources to ensure on-time delivery of the project plans.
- Work with the IT PMO to implement effective project governance and ensure projects follow the approved gated reviews and governance processes.
- Project status reporting, both creation and deliver, to all levels within the organisation.
- Establish appropriate performance metrics and track performance for each project, provide status updates to senior IT and business leadership, and escalate issues for resolution in a timely manner.
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of working in the aerospace sector.
- Experience of managing and delivering multiple complex IT projects in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Successfully delivered projects in a security regulated environment.
- Successful delivery of enterprise manufacturing and shop floor related applications along with IT infrastructure in a security regulated environment
- Leadership and gravitas and the ability to motivate and drive a team to success.
- Strong people skills are a must.
- Operated within an IT Function.
- Project delivery mindset so lived and breathed project delivery as opposed to have only operated in a PMO or BAU function.
- Strong project delivery governance mindset and ability to embed governance disciplines.
- Resource Planning.
- Customer focussed.
- Problem solver.
- Attention to detail.
Please forward CVs in the first instance to Leigh Sproston