Project Manager (Cloud Migrations)
Location: WFH Due to COVID restrictions, base location Telford
We are actively looking to secure a Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our Client is a large corporation that provides consulting, technology, professional, and outsourcing services.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to work with our Client on a large programme to migrate services from existing data centres to cloud-based hosting or Crown Hosting. The programme will also review and remediate legacy vulnerabilities. The current IT estate is comprised of 600 services and lacks agility.
- Delivery and management of multiple projects, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Develop and maintain schedules in Clarity/Open Workbench
- Accountable for the project cost base, and management of project costs and forecasts.
- Identify project and cross-project risks and dependencies.
- Manage change on the project ensuring that change is appropriately configuration managed. Identify the impactors for both customer and project-initiated change requests and manage the production of accurate responses in a timely manner.
- Identify and maintain professional relationships with key project stakeholders.
- Take the role of a single point of contact for the customer and attend to any ad-hoc queries.
- Work with resource managers to fully resource project and accurately forecast and record staffing demand and costs.
- Provide a good level of commercial awareness, develop and present business cases, feasibility and design proposals.
- Produce the project governance plan and define the project RACI matrix and organisation structure. Chair regular project checkpoints and ad-hoc meetings and report project progress to line management, stakeholders, and the account leadership team.
- Manage and direct the execution and implementation of the engagement. Ensure that the project completes the handover to Live process and engages service introduction.
- An appreciation of agile concepts. Ideally would have previous experience of JIRA/Confluence
- A strong communicator, with the ability to influence and coach others.
- Open Work Bench, MS Office, MS Project, UPM
If you have the above skills, please submit your latest CV in the first instance.