Central London - £70,000 - £85,000 + Benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity.
As a Project manager, you will have the ability to make a significant impact to the organisation by supporting the 3-year rolling roadmap. You will lead project team members to deliver stable operational services in a cost effective and adequate manner for applications in scope and IT infrastructure, including onsite IT and provider management.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, reports on activities related to Infrastructure, Networks and Workplace projects, ensuring that there are appropriate & effective governance arrangements, supported by comprehensive reporting & communication.
- Ensures that projects are managed to realize business objectives & that project management is informed by an awareness of current technical & solution developments
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation & successful completion of projects
- Responsibility for consistency of project management and proactive identification, management assessment of dependencies, risks and issues to the success of the project.
- Initialization of IT projects according to approved project charters and on boarding of project team, ensuring consistent project methodologies
- Transparent and consistent communication with the project stakeholders.
- Responsibility for project budget
- Any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role
- Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders
- Ability to drive agile change in a largely waterfall organisation and lead projects in new delivery approach.
- Ability to lead and direct the projects and project workstream leads under a unified project lens without compromising business outcomes and priority constraints.
- Several years of experience in IT infrastructure, networks, workplace or application project management organisations, specifically in the field of IT.
- Ability to work in complex organisation structures and tenaciously forge a path for delivery resulting in delivery
- Excellent communication skills, strong experience in managing the diverging interests of various stakeholders.
- Proven ability to create meaningful reports and summarize project health status for C-level presentations.
- Track record of project financial budget management.
- Ability to drive a mixture of functional and geographic workstreams and coordinate step change delivery to the business in a unified way.
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing
- A self-motivated individual able to work with varying organisational and geographic styles to the end goal of unifying and standardising the delivery culture and capability.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Company/London Market (re)insurance experience with a good knowledge of products and markets
- Qualifications and experience of one or more industry recognised best practise project management delivery methodologies i.e. PMP, PRINCE 2-certified, Agile methodologies
- Proven experience in Agile software development and lifecycle methodologies
- CII qualifications
Company benefits include:
- 25 days Holiday in addition to public holidays (Increases with length of service)
- Group pension, 10% base salary, paid by the company with no employee contribution required
- Several insurance covers including private medical, health, critical illness and life assurance
- Family Friendly Policies
- Gym Membership subsidy
- Flexible and Agile Practices
- Annual Bonus and Annual Pay Review
If you have the skills and experience required and are keen to pursue a role as a Project Manager with a global company, then please click the link to apply!