Commercial Project Director (engineering/defence sector)- remote with some travel to client site - up to 80K base + bonus and benefits
Live SC clearance highly desirable OR SC eligible
Our global technical services client who have seen significant growth in the last few years continues to expand its workforce with an experienced Project Director with strong commercial acumen to oversee and lead a team of project and portfolio managers across various workstreams.
The successful Project Director will have the primary responsibility for delivery within the business unit that focuses on projects in areas such as Aerospace, Defence, Rail and Energy.
key skills and experience required;
- You will be an ambitious, highly motivated, self-starter who has a critical understanding of project delivery, operational business processes, procedures and challenges with a proven track record in successfully delivering time critical complex projects.
- Experienced in all commercial elements of project/programme mgt - bid support, P+L, costing/pricing, forecasting and reporting
- You will have significant project management experience, some of which in international settings or with non-UK based customers.
- You will have developed an established track record for resolving complex problems, managing risk, maintaining effective control of complex projects, manipulating and presenting data in a simple form to support business investment and priority decisions and delivering on time. Your ability to provide accurate and timely business KPIs will be a given.
- You will be comfortable working across the business and across transnational cultures, establishing diverse relationships for the supply of internal and external services in the capacity of both customer and supplier.
- You will have strong problem solving and analytical skills, be an excellent communicator (written and verbal); have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with others.
- You will be able to deal with complexity and manage the concurrent demands of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- You will be comfortable working both as part of the Global Programme Office (GPO) UK leadership team, the Unit, and as a leader in your own right.
If you are an experienced Project Director/Head of Projects with the engineering background and commercial acumen required, please send your CV for immediate consideration.