Must have Valid SC
Overall Department Direction
This role will be in support of the programme, providing project and programme controls support and guidance across multiple projects and contracts. Areas of support will including the Facility Readiness Programme, Planning Contract, Safety Case Development and Physical Execution
This is a full time post for an experienced project professional with accountability for the delivery of a high quality project and programme control services. The projects are diverse and encompass mechanical, electrical and civil elements across the full EPCM lifecycle.
Main Purpose of Role
The Project Controls Manager shall be accountable to the Nuclear Facilities PMO and Programme Manager.
Key elements of the post include, but not limited to;
* Maintain a safety first approach in all projects/programme activities and foster the company safety culture and Guiding Principles.
* Work closely with the project management team to ensure the provision of the highest quality project controls support to satisfy client and Joint Venture specific Commercial or Customer requirements comprising:
* Liaison with the project management team to ensure optimum cost and schedule performance through the provision of the following functions:
o Lifetime Plan / bid development / Detailed Delivery Schedule - Scope, Schedule, Cost Estimates and risk management plans;
* Assist the Project Manager with project strategy development and implementation
* Monthly Reports - to include accurate status, progress summary text, accurate assessment of Accruals, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs)
* Variance analyses (both for schedule and cost), recovery plans where appropriate, estimates at completion (EAC), estimates to completion (ETC) Key issues, Key Risks, progress against Key Metrics, progress against Key Milestones, progress against Performance Based Incentives (PBIs),
* Trend analysis;
* Change Control;
* Identify Value for Money Savings and the capture of evidence and production of claims;
* Format and content of weekly progress reports including the monitoring and tracking of project progress and financial performance.
* Day to day management of the planning, estimating, cost engineers, cost accountants, risk engineers and document control resources assigned to project control team. (Note: Overall management of each function lies with the relevant function manager).
* Ensure that the provision of project controls support in the form of estimating, planning, cost engineering and cost accounting is maintained to the highest quality and conforms to Cavendish Nuclear procedures and standards.
* Act as a mentor and support the continued professional development of staff within the project teams and improve competency levels to meet future requirements of the business
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
* Minimum 10 years' experience in the field of project controls and/or project management in an appropriate sector.
* Minimum of 5 years supervisory/managerial experience in project controls environment across Project Lifecycle.
* Experience in project performance analysis and reporting variance analyses SV / CV, trend analysis, change control management in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
* Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral) and excellent understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies.
* Experience within the Naval Marine Industry, or other highly regulated industry (but not essential).
* Active SC Clearance
Degree/HNC or equivalent level in an Engineering/Technical Subject, or as determined by the Nuclear Facilities PMO Manager and Head of PMO.