SC Cleared Programme Manager, Barrow-In-Furness (currently working from home)
We are actively looking to secure a Programme Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Client side Programme Manager responsible for a portfolio of IT projects mainly emanating from the actions undertaken last year in response to the pandemic in providing access to the workforce to facilitate a large scale, rapid move to working from home, supporting the subsequent "Return to Scale" initiative within the shipyard and residual activity following upgrade of the majority of the IT estate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on the Submarines' Restricted Network.
Projects include :-
- Device Rationalisation - Rationalisation of the end user device estate in support of the one device per employee policy. Identifying duplicate, redundant end user devices, removing them from support and facilitating their return from various locations.
- Application Remediation - Some devices remain on the legacy Windows 7 estate following the Windows 10 Programme due to their required applications not being readily compatible with Win10. Project will be to develop the strategy to consolidate the application estate, remediate/upgrade certain apps where cost effective to do so, virtualise others, or provide an enduring solution for some to remain on Win7 as an approach and use device, but removed from the core network.
- Win10 Evergreen. Responsible for the development of the Evergreen plan for Win10 devices and its subsequent delivery
- Own the IT deliverables within various Health and Safety initiatives being implemented by the SHE (Safety, Health and the Environment) team including developments for maintaining operations within a Covid 19 safe environment.
- Support on-going efforts to ensure the business is working safely and effectively whilst determining what the 'new normal' will be post Covid 19.
The successful candidate will be SC cleared and will work with BAE Submarines' IT Provider (Capgemini) to deliver the desired project outcomes. Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager responsible for IT Infrastructure Projects, the role will be accountable for the BAE deliverables within the integrated plan across the end to end Delivery lifecycle, from initial investment case, through user testing and service handover, ensuring effective governance of the Capgemini deliverables.
Essential skills and experience
- Effective Stakeholder Management to CIO level
- Communication - across various Business areas, minimising impact to Boat Programmes
- Governance - ensuring the Service Provider is effectively managing the projects within BAE's project management framework, ensuring progress against plan, risk/issue management, financial performance etc.
- Negotiating - liaising with Business points of contact as required to agree change windows and seek user input for testing etc.