Our Public Sector client based in Mancehster are looking for an experienced Programme Manager.
The Digital, Information and Technology (DIT) directorate is a 70 strong team of digital, information management and technology professionals. Our digital teams adopt a user centric agile methodology and work in multi-disciplinary teams (MDT's) with analytics and insight to develop and maintain 's suite of digital and technology services. We are playing a key role in the implementation of 's digital transformation programme.
The teams in DIT design, develop and maintain 's suite of externally facing digital services including the 's website, Pathways, Clinical Knowledge Summaries, BNF and Evidence Search which together attract more than 2 million users a month.
The directorate is also responsible for 's internal guidance production systems including content management, authoring and publishing systems, with a view to generate internal efficiencies and to ensure takes advantage of digital innovations arising across the health and care landscape, such as machine learning and data science. As such DIT has a key role to play in keeping 's guidance relevant, high-quality, up-to-date, and accessible.
Digital Workplace Programme context's current digital workplace comprises a patchwork of unintegrated systems and services and a narrow scope implementation of Microsoft 365, primarily focused on MS Teams, accelerated through necessity to support homeworking during the pandemic with access supported by a recent device update.
The use of online collaborative tools at is behind the curve compared with many organisations. Independent externally commissioned analysis has shown that is lagging in maturity of digital working practices, reflected in issues around information management and discovery, cross-team working, collaboration with external parties, manual processes and dependency on individual knowledge and capacity.
This current state of 's digital workplace inhibits our operational efficiency, agility, resilience, and information management compliance, and is a frustrating experience for employees. A recent staff survey showed that 75% of staff believe that process duplication, waste or inefficiency is a key issue. The ability for cross organisational collaboration and improved technology and digitisation were the third and fourth overall priorities highlighted that required attention.
The Digital Workplace programme, one of the strategy-enabling, business transformation programmes, aims to appropriately modernise and transform how we work, to ensure that can:
- Remove inefficient and inconsistent practices;
- Take advantage of modern security, automation and standardisation capability;
- Collaborate safely with external partners;
- Share knowledge widely across the organisation;
- Realise value from 's existing investment in the Microsoft 365 platform;
- Release capacity from efficiency and productivity improvements to reinvest in core, value-add activity
Deliverables and outcomes
In 2021 to date, an initial scoping, definition and discovery phase for the Digital Workplace Programme has taken place. This has produced an agreed vision, a blueprint of business services underpinned by the Microsoft 365 platform and a business case which has gained approval for a 24-month investment programme to design, build and rollout 's digital workplace.
are partnering with a strategic implementation partner to lead the design, build and rollout activity, in collaboration with 's internal teams. The partner will also support the establishment and development of an internal capability and associated service model to allow to design, build and operate the future digital workplace.
Key deliverables for the project
The Programme Manager will provide programme management and delivery capability and have proven experience of running technology enabled and in particular Microsoft 365 change programmes.
The Programme Manager will work with the Digital Workplace programme team including Programme Director of Strategy and Governance, Head of Digital Workplace, Information Governance Manager, strategic supplier partners and many stakeholders across the business including the Executive Team and Board as required.
Deliverables* will include:
- Development of programme plan and associated documentation and artifacts
- Establishment and refinement of new programme governance board and appropriate reporting and assurance mechanisms, aligned to wider organisational governance
- Running a Programme Management Office (PMO) to support the programme including secretariat of the programme board
- Providing ongoing programme controls including dependency, risk and issue, and benefit realisation management to assure the programme board
- Budget tracking and reporting
- Benefits realisation planning and reporting oversight
- Internal stakeholder management and communication
- Programme deliverables tracking and quality assurance
Skills and Experience
- Highly developed knowledge and experience in techniques for planning, delivering, monitoring and controlling programmes resulting in business change (MSP qualification preferred)
- Experience of setting up programme governance and quality assurance from scratch including managing boards and PMO functions
- Experience of managing programme budgets and tracking expenditure
- Experience of managing programme resourcing for large-scale IT/technical programmes (M365/SharePoint preferred) using a blend of in-house and contract resources
- Experience of working with large 3rd party digital/technology suppliers to successfully deliver within a transformation programme
- Experience of working with a range of internal stakeholders at all levels where the majority will not be technically expert
- Experience of working with stakeholders to bring consensus on business priorities where there are conflicting views
- Experience of managing programmes involving the rollout and exploitation of SharePoint Online/M365/Power Platform
- Ability to cope with multiple and changing demands, meet tight deadlines and exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures