Product Marketing Manager - Telecoms - Fixed term basis for a period of 8 months.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for marketing deliverables assigned to the Strategic Communications team, working to bring new products and solutions to market. These deliverables typically include market, competitive, and pricing analyses, as well as marketing collateral required by the sales teams, and in time for product launch.
The postholder will be responsible for delivering market, competitive and pricing analyses as directed. They will achieve this with minimal guidance and be able to use judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining data and be able to make recommendations based on the analyses.
For assigned products, be part of the new product introduction process with responsibilities for the marketing deliverables. These may include:
- focused studies on where the market is, including product pricing
- marcom collateral required to support the sales team's activities, potentially including data sheets, solution briefs, presentations, blogs
In doing this ensure that the target audience, key features and benefits, and other salient data is understood and communicated. There will be a close working relationship with the R&D and sales teams through this process.
- Have an understanding of mobile network technology including 3G, 4G, 5G networks, also fixed line and Carrier IP.
- Understand the challenges faced by operators relating to cyber security, critical infrastructure and law enforcement.
- Knowledge of the network data recording and network intelligence markets and the hardware and software products used in them.
- Familiar with the workings of a Product Marketing organization with proven experience of:
- Contributing to marketing strategies by researching, tracking, monitoring and reporting on market trends and associated technologies.
- Developing and translating technical details into marketing materials.
- Developing product pricing and product positioning strategy
- Collaborating with the Marketing team on product development and campaign strategies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft business applications e.g. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Power BI
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and planning for contingencies
- Should have very strong interpersonal skills and abilities and brings team approach to work effectively across organizational lines in line with the strategy.
- Has and displays impeccable ethics.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in relevant field (or relevant work experience) with typically, 3-5 years' experience (minimum) in a technical or marketing organization
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of data analytics would be an advantage
- Understanding of Network and Service Assurance challenges faced by Network Operators would be an advantage
- Understanding of the data science lifecycle and data processing pipelines
- Understanding of NetOps and SecOps in network operators
- Understanding of the cloud technologies and deployment models e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Ability to create clear concise marketing communication would be an advantage
- Passionate about people, sustainability and business and is a collaborative team player
- Must be able to multi-task and context switch in real time where required
- Has great attention to detail while also being able to relate to high level strategy