Our Government client based in Manchester (60% remote, 40% on site) are rectruiting for Product Manager.
You will take day to day responsibility of the Identity Product and management of the Product Team, Suppliers and budgets. This encompasses BAU and complex change/transformation. You will lead a team to deliver great service and introduce major improvements in Active Directory migration, Role Based Access development, and JML infrastructure.
You will be working as part of the Digital Workspaces team which owns many of the technical products and services delivered to client's 120k colleagues and partners. You will take ownership for a well defined part of that portfolio, working with and managing an established team of experts as well as helping to grow that team and integrating supplier expertise
Be able to demonstrable success in senior roles or engagements, capable of leading a complex business unit through BAU and Transformation challenges. Working within the Digital Workspace
you will take responsibility for the Identity Product area, with end to end responsibility for Identity services; Active Directory, JML, and access. The role includes all aspects of managing a multi-disciplinary team responsible for running a critical service while tasked with significant change (eg, rationalising the estate, introducing user centric services, intensifying our public cloud presence). The ability to understand technical aspects of the Identity space is vital.
Key Skills / Experience
- You will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary Product Team to deliver a technical critical service, and bring about targeted change across the Department
- A visible leader comfortable with managing live service and delivering transformation by inspiring a team, managing suppliers, and recruiting where necessary
- Happy to follow the Departments Hybrid Working policy and spend at least 2 days a week (on average) in the Department's Hub in St Peters Square.
- You will directly manage the budget across the financial year and input to plans for subsequent years.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- A strong technical appreciation, you will have worked at a senior level within a large technology or Digital area.
- Able to take part in meaningful discussions with architects, engineers, and service teams.
- Proven management and leadership experience in an Agile and fluid environment
- Product Management/Ownership experience with the ability to set out and communicate short/medium/long term plans, roadmaps, and strategic intent.
- A mature approach to risk management.
- Exhibits the rigour and care necessary to keep a vital 24x7 service running alongside the flair and determination to instill necessary change.
- Understands the variety and complexity of users' digital needs or user journeys, and how the product will meet those needs
- Technical understanding of Identity space.