Location: Completely Remote
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will have to use your knowledge of user needs and business goals to frame problems and set priorities for your delivery teams. If you are a forward-thinking person, who loves travelling and working in a fast-paced environment, this is the role for you!
- Define, explain and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, team and partners
- Be a champion for user needs, managing a backlog, documenting product knowledge, and communicating plans and progress through various channels including blogs, partner meetings and demos.
- Be communicating efficiently and work together within a multi-disciplinary team, fostering the open and collaborative culture to deliver a product and continuously improve it through several iterations.
- Engage with users and partners in a variety of settings to encourage take-up and use of your product.
- Be Presenting and depicting the rationale of findings in simple, engaging and easy to understand business terms to a diverse group of partners.
- Experience of cost/benefit analysis and investment appraisal techniques to establish the financial business care for an investment in transformational technology
- Understanding the agile methodology and can apply an agile approach to all aspects of your work. You can work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- User-Centred Design Services which can be demonstrated through successful project delivery and the achievement of key success measures for projects.
- You understand and can work within given constraints (including but not limited to technology and policy, and regulatory, financial and legal constraints).
- You can secure funding for agile delivery through a business case and through delivering a good pitch in government. You can prioritise spending based on return on investment and strategic intent.
- Have understanding of different phases of product delivery and can contribute to, plan or run these.
- You can manage the operational process of designing and running a product or service throughout its entire product life cycle.
- You can understand and identify problems, analysing and helping to identify the appropriate solution. You can classify and prioritise problems, document their causes and implement remedies.
- Be able to use a range of product management principles and approaches. You can capture and translate user needs into deliverables. You know how to define the minimum viable product and make decisions about priorities. You can write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Designing and delivering end-to-end digital products in government, demonstrated through passing Government Digital Service (GDS) assessments at every stage of GDS agile delivery framework.
- Help support the vision, roadmaps and delivery of other products in your programme and at GDS. Play an active role in the GDS Product Management community sharing your learning and celebrating progress made by other people and teams.
- Strong background in Agile/DevOps delivery in a scaled environment, also comfortable delivering in waterfall mechanisms as well.
- Able to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance checks.
Our Offer Includes:
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Company Car Scheme
- Private medical/accident insurance
- Working in an innovative environment with motivated colleagues with a 'go-getter' demeanour and a committed manager
- Access to our knowledge library and interdisciplinary e-learning portals to further improve your skills
Please apply by clicking the link.