Principle IT Systems Engineer - Linux, AWS, DBA, DevOps
Linux Servers, CentOS, Redhat, Cloud, AWS, Active Directory, vLANs, DNS / DHCP, VPN's, IP, Puppet, Ansible, Databases MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Virtualisation, Automation, Monitoring, High Availability, Clustering, Backup and Recovery.
£60,000pa to £70,000pa + Excellent Benefits Package
Benefits package includes an enticing KPI Bonus Programme, 27 Days Annual Holiday to Start, Company Pension, Company Health & Dental Cover, Work from Home Options, Life Insurance, Death in Service, Company Rewards and Travel Loans.
Based at the client's state of the art brand new offices in London, West End - Includes WFH Options
Now a key player in the niche market of Fibre Broadband and Media Communications who are delivering best broadband services in the London area, this dynamic and growing Network Services Provider are seeking a professional, challenge orientated and focused Principle IT Systems Engineer who has a proven Linux, Cloud and DevOps bias.
Coexisting with a Premier League Network and Infrastructure Support Team, the day to day requirements of the Principle IT Systems Engineer role will be to Support (3rd Line), Maintain and Administration of Infrastructure Systems for users (internal and remote), as well as take ownership of Design & Build, Cloud and Automation Projects as well as BAU operational support in this multi-vendor, hybrid tech environment.
Whilst assisting with BAU activities to support day to day Systems Support Operations in an ISP environment, you will also be tasked with Linux Support, Infrastructure Expansion Projects, Cloud Technology and Implementing Systems Automation as well as performing Upgrades and Deployments to support this clients phased growth through 2021 and into 2022/23.
Your technical remit will require you to:
- Implement, administer and the support an array of Linux based servers (CentOS / Redhat desirable).
- Install and administer complex 3rd party software and internal tools.
- Re-engineer any existing standalone solutions to be highly available.
- Ensure smooth operation of business-critical systems.
- Apply security patches and updates to the operating system & applications.
- Own & deliver systems related projects.
- Manage & Secure Database Clusters.
- Setup & Manage VPNs and user profiles.
- Develop and maintain a consistent and scalable systems security posture based on best practices.
- Adhoc out of hours support for Service impacting failures.
- Create support and maintenance documentation for infrastructure and systems.
- Integrate and standardise the existing systems.
- Deploy & maintain cloud-based systems & applications. (Residing in AWS or similar)
- Deploy robust backups & disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application level security issues.
- Troubleshoot any systems related issue.
Technical Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in installing, maintaining and working with Linux (Ideally Redhat/Centos) & Databases (MariaDB, PostgreSQL etc.).
- Experience with configuration management applications like PUPPET (or similar) is a MUST.
- Good working knowledge of Python and/or Ansible.
- Experience with creating and maintaining high availability clusters.
- Experience with Patching & Reporting of Linux based Systems.
- Solid understanding of security best practices and the means to implement them.
- Understanding of basic Network protocols & similar knowledge (IP Addressing, VLANs, DNS & DHCP)
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS EC2 Instances etc)
- Experience working with VPNs, IP Tables & other security methodologies
Skills, experience and qualifications (preferred):
- Experience with Automation technologies to facilitate deployment and testing.
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and confluence.
- Knowledge of Server configurations; Apache/NGINX/Databases.
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies.