Principle Cloud Engineer (Azure)
Permanent - Full Time (Office / WFH)
£75,000 + £80,000 + Car
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principle Cloud Architect to join an Aerospace Organisation.
The client is a FTSE 250 company that consistently deliver solutions for the most challenging environments and why customers worldwide rely on our advanced technologies, products and services for aerospace, defence and selected energy applications
The Principal cloud engineer is a key part of the cloud delivery team as we build our internal capability and you will play an integral part of that journey. As the most senior infrastructure technical expert, you will have deep technical experience and passion to influence the architecture of solutions to ensure they are supportable and secure before handing over to delivery and application teams. You will provision solutions, provide training and knowledge handover to technical teams and feed into the wider cloud strategy. You will always be striving for continual improvement in line with business objectives.
- Deploy and maintain Azure infrastructure for Azure platform delivery and production support
- Influence the architecture of solutions such that they are supportable, including input into delivery frameworks and processes
- Ensure that technical knowledge is transferred and retained
- Act as a technical point of escalation for the service we deliver to our customers
Key skills and competencies required:
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise and experience in modern cloud architecture and history of successful implementation of enterprise Azure solutions
- Have in-depth knowledge designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
- Experience of most of the following: Microsoft Azure Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), Azure Landing Zones, Hub/Spoke Networks, ARM Templates, Azure DevOps including Pipelines and Repos Coordinate the response to incident reports, ensuring relevant prioritisation and detail to allow effective investigation
- Drive automation strategies for cloud environments, including digital operations, pipeline activities, and automated runbook development.
- Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience/certifications
Please follow the application process and submit your CV to be considered for this role.