Principal Systems Engineer - Technical Lead
Portsmouth & Bristol
A leading defence technology company are looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to help lead the delivery of high-level technical projects.
You will work alongside the appointed Project/Programme Manager with overall responsibility for the technical success of the project, including:
- Responsible for technical delivery of the project to time, cost and quality
- Adherence to the engineering policy and procedures
You will be responsible for planning technical activities, including:
- Detailed analysis of the activity requirements to ensure that the project has a firm basis of understanding.
- Liaising with the customer technical lead to ensure that their requirements are fully understood
- Identifying any key constraints, including external standards / legislative requirements
- Identifying any safety and security issues, and ensure plan addresses them
Create a set of roles and responsibilities need to deliver the project, including specialist roles such as SDA, Safety lead, Test Lead, Quality Manager, Configuration Manager as required.
Ensuring that appropriate engineering plans (TDP, SEMP, Software Development Management Plan, ITEA Plans, etc.) are created to an appropriate standard
If developing a product, ensure that Design Certification are created
Oversight of technical delivery
Strong team leadership experience
Good understanding of Systems Engineering
Knowledge and understanding of Combat System Integration
Good understanding of Through Life Engineering and Technical Assurance
Good understanding of Requirements, Design and Development and Implementation
Good understanding of Electronic Warfare would be desirable