Principal Platform Engineer
Are you a Principal Platform Engineer looking for your next opportunity? I have an exciting role to work as a Principal Platform Engineer for a Global company. This unique opening would give you the opportunity to help set up a new service and change the way we work in the UK.
- Manage FCAPS scenarios in production environment
- Track and manage platform tickets to meet SLA requirements.
- Monitor and manage cluster capacity based on customer count, events per second Perform Hadoop administration tasks
- Guide platform engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues.
- Setup and manage HDP Platform, handling all Hadoop environment builds, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Develop scripts/ tools to automate platform maintenance activities
- Work with sustenance engineering on emergency fixes
- Debug day to day job issues in Hadoop platform and provide solutions.
- Perform software release management tasks
- Health monitoring of multiple HDP clusters using centralized dashboards, for Hadoop services, overall server health, custom applications running on the cluster
- Troubleshoot Log collection and ingestion via Apache NiFi to our MDR platform from various network devices (like Firewall, Switches, Router, Proxy, IPS, WAF, Etc..), servers, and Cloud resources.
- Coordinate with Network, Infrastructure, and other organizations as required
- Perform root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures
- Configuration of high level and low level HDP parameters to fine tune performance of the cluster
- Manage escalations on FCAPS issues
- Experience in design and operationalizing FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Availability, Performance, Security) for Hadoop clusters
- Experience in design of automated Hadoop installation
- Deep Expertise in managing Hadoop ecosystem components in large production clusters.
- Expertise in HDP platform/ Cloudera
- Application Deployment using JAVA & Python APIs
- Good Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python, Anaconda, Ansible
- Knowledge on Automation/ DevOps Tools Github, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data Ingestion, Data Access & Data storage using Hadoop Big Data tools like HBase, Flume, Kafka, Nifi, ElasticSearch
- Exposure to Azure administration is preferred
- Good hands-on experience of Linux, its commands and scripting are a must.
- General operational excellence. This includes good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity and bottlenecks, memory management, performance tuning and optimization for Linux and Hadoop.
- Configuration management and deployment exposure in Open source environment.
- Knowledge of Kerberos and Apache Ranger for configuring security
- Knowledge of Core Java is a plus.
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or by phone.