Principal Network Consultant
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. Their formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The organisation is currently working with the MOD on a complex long term project to deliver cutting edge information and communications technology (ICT) to enhance deployed operational command and control. It will be used by the Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force to support Sovereign and coalition operations at home and overseas.
Operating from Corsham, our client is delivering next generation cutting edge solutions to some of the MOD's most challenging technical issues. The programme will replace a number of legacy Communication and Information systems and will provide universal access and similar user experience across all security domains in all physical locations.
As a Principal Network Consultant, you'll be required to provide technical guidance and assistance through provision of complex technical consultation on current and proposed capability. Therefore, you must have a strong background in Information Technology (ideally in the deployed military capability environment or similar) and have a clear understanding of the challenges of information security.
For this role you will be based at MOD Corsham.
Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Provide 4th line Network support within the Datacentre.
- Support of the Network related elements for the technology components such as proxy functions, security functions, federation functions and protocol translation functions.
- Understand the designed hardware and software architecture elements of the service.
- Simulate issues for resolution in test environments to prove Support Issues and to demonstrate successful satisfaction of Issues.
- Understand/Support the automation of the components of the design and indicate how they can be delivered by the orchestration technology.
- Identify capability gaps in existing architectures and recommend changes or enhancements in line with Agile and continuous improvement methodology to support ongoing support.
- Management of bearer networks and associated SLAs to ensure availability of UK MOD Deployed Network Services Globally across multiple time zones.
- Overall accountability for the effective resolution of all incidents and services requests assigned to the team.
Our client are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets