Principal IT Solutions Architect
Portsmouth or Farnborough
c.£58000 - £70,000 DOE
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We are working on a large variety of Military projects that provides test and evaluation facilities, training and mission rehearsal solutions, Mission data systems and targeting and sensor systems. As we continue to grow, we are looking to appoint an experienced IT system solutions architect that can work in cross discipline teams and manage the planning, design and delivery of the underpinning IT solutions.
The Role and Responsibilities
As the Principal IT Solution Architect, you will have responsibility for:
- Working with the end users and the other technical experts to understand user requirements and specific IT system requirements.
- Identify any constraints from the IT system that may impact on the overall solution.
- Working with security, IT and networking specialists, to develop High Level Designs and associated documentation
- Determining the interoperability, dependencies, and interactions with other IS systems.
- Ensuring that the designs are coherent across the solution and compliant with applicable standards and policies.
- Leading the delivery of the IT solution ensuring that it is delivered efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Supporting junior IT staff with their development and ensuring their work meets an acceptable standard.
We are looking for you to be experienced in broad systems engineering, together with demonstrable experience of designing and delivering solutions. Key requirements include:
- Experience in eliciting, elaborating, and analysing requirements.
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on a variety of complex programmes utilising emerging technologies where required.
- Conducting rational product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
In-depth experience of:
- VMware's product suite;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems at expert level
You will have strong drive and good collaboration skills. As the role is strategic, excellent communication skills will be required and the ability to articulate ideas with diverse ranges of audiences. You will already hold SC clearance as a minimum (or be happy to become cleared)
Knowledge in some of the following areas would be advantageous but not essential:
- Maritime CIS systems including knowledge of naval application sets
- Knowledge of NATO application sets
- Experience of supporting intelligence and mission control systems
- ITIL foundation knowledge (change management etc)
- Networking certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), VMware Network Virtualisation (NSX-DC) or similar
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted, I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at