Principal IT Solutions Architect
Portsmouth or Farnborough
c.£67,000 - £80,000 DOE
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We are delivering next generation solutions to some of the most challenging technical issues. We are working on a complex long term project to deliver cutting edge information and communication systems. The project will replace a number of legacy communications and information systems across all security domains. As the project continues to grow, we have a need for a strong IT system solutions architect that can work in cross discipline teams and responsible for the planning, design and delivery of the underpinning IT solution. The successful candidate will work with the business to help shape the customer and our strategy.
The Role and Responsibilities
As the Principal IT Solution Architect, you will have responsibility for:
- The understanding and developing the long term needs for the project.
- Developing great technical relationships with customer community.
- Providing technical leadership in developing the project strategy with the customer.
- Providing the technical leadership in developing the company's business strategy in the IT area.
- Delivering these strategies by working with Business management and technical delivery staff.
- Leading on complex and challenging technical proposals.
We are looking for you to be experienced in broad systems engineering, together with demonstrable experience of designing and delivering technology solutions. Key requirements include:
- Experience in eliciting, elaborating, and analysing requirements.
- Experience of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on a variety of complex programmes utilising emerging technologies where required.
- In-depth experience of:
- VMware's product suite;
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems at expert level
You will have strong drive and good collaboration skills. As the role is strategic, excellent communication skills will be required and the ability to articulate ideas with diverse ranges of audiences. You will already hold SC clearance as a minimum (or be happy to become cleared)
Knowledge in some of the following areas would be advantageous but not essential:
- Maritime CIS systems including knowledge of naval application sets
- Knowledge of NATO application sets
- Experience of supporting intelligence and mission control systems
- ITIL foundation knowledge (change management etc)
- Certification, CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), VMware Network Virtualisation (NSX-DC) or similar
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply"and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at