Principle Engineering - Electrical
Salary: £70 Umbrella
Location: Hybrid - Onsite fortnightly
Main Purpose of Role
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the electrical engineering aspects of the Buildings and Transformer Compound. Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements. Support the delivery of electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Management of the electrical engineering elements of the Buildings and Transformer Compound packages, ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for electrical engineering
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of electrical design packages
- Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of electrical with other design packages
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock's Business Management System and Technical Manual
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate should have experience of:
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- Design of fire detection systems;
- Design of public address systems;
- Design of lighting systems;
- Design of lightning protection systems;
- Design of CCTV/Security systems;
- Management of sub-contractors.