Principal Electromagnetic Scientist
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
A global defence company are recruiting for a Principal Electromagnetic Scientist to join the growing Applied Sciences team, the successful applicant will be part of a dynamic team in a multidisciplinary research environment comprising of Engineers, Physicists, Vision Scientists and Chemists. You will provide high level scientific expertise (both theoretical and practical) and make increasing contributions to the strategic direction of this exciting team.
You will be a part of the Electromagnetics Group supporting our Advanced Services & Products Business, using your experience of Electromagnetics across a wide range of disciplines including metamaterials, stealth technologies and antenna design. Your technical credibility and business acumen will support the Business in winning and delivering new programmes of work and in the development of innovative technologies and products. Key areas of focus will include:
- Undertaking electromagnetic modelling of complex interactions on internal/external programmes;
- Advising and establishing capabilities for EM modelling with applications focus;
- Providing subject matter expertise in an area linked to the core business of the Electromagnetics Group - e.g. metamaterials, Antennas, Radar absorbing materials etc.
- Advising on the exploitation of technologies in commercial, civil and defence and adjacent markets, eg space, IoT, 5G, mobility, satcomm etc.
- Undertaking bid development and bid writing to expand footprint in an area of personal subject matter, expertise across a wide range of markets
We are seeking Degree qualified candidates, potentially to PhD level with a strong understanding of:
- Electromagnetic modelling;
- Electromagnetic measurement techniques;
- Relevant materials understanding and incorporation of technologies in products;
- Bidding for projects with scientific and technical customers;
- Technical team leadership.
- British National, eligible for MOD SC level clearance