Principal DevOps Consultant
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As they continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join the organisation. Their formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market-leading company offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
The organisation is currently working with the MOD on a complex long term project to deliver cutting edge information and communications technology (ICT) to enhance deployed operational command and control. It will be used by the Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force to support Sovereign and coalition operations at home and overseas.
The programme will replace a number of legacy Communication and Information systems and will provide universal access and similar user experience across all security domains in all physical locations. Operating from Corsham, our client is delivering next generation cutting edge solutions to some of the MOD's most challenging technical issues.
The Principal Orchestration Consultant is required to provide technical guidance and assistance through provision of complex technical consultation on programme capability. Therefore, you will have a strong background in Information Technology (ideally in the deployed military capability environment or similar) and have a clear understanding of the challenges of implementation of Automation and Orchestration design and build and information security.
This role will be based at MoD Corsham.
Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Experience and ability to support and deploy capability orchestration and automation design solutions.
- Working knowledge of Firmware, ESXi, vSphere - VMWare Virtualisation platform, VMware NSX
- Demonstrable ability for improving technology, processes and systems through use of Orchestration and Automation tooling.
- Ability to apply software development methodologies and practices, including agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must as the role requires communication with Engineers of different disciplines and production of formal documentation.
- A strong understanding of IT automation and everything as code.
Our client are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return our client offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets