This is an exciting opportunity working for one of the UK's largest private and family businesses.
A dynamic Multi-billion-pound global conglomerate.
We are seeking an in-house Public Relations & Internal Communications Manager who would work closely with our external PR agency to develop and deliver industry leading communication and media relations plans. Your ambition would be to increase the reach and impact of the company through the delivery of high value and influential PR, driven by strategic plans to engage our audiences through outstanding communications.
Reporting to the 'Head of Trade Marketing', the role would also work closely with the Managing Director and across the business in order to align strategic plans and key messages.
What you'll be doing:
Monitoring adherence to brand standards, ensuring tone of voice for all internal and external communications
- Leading in-house press-office with the support of the external PR agency:
- Relationships with key trade media in the wholesale, retail, catering and pet industries to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline
- Experience in building relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Experienced in writing press statements and producing content for media including press releases, features, case studies, press statements
- Proven experience in coordinating media pitches, selecting appropriate spokespeople
- Monitoring press stories and maximising opportunities for positive PR
- Developing and implementing reactive communications strategies to manage crisis and issues across the business
- Coordinating the industry awards programme, including writing award entries, managing sponsorship opportunities and co-ordinating award entries across the business
- Working closely with the external PR agency, key stakeholders and internal departments
- Develop and implement an integrated communications strategy and plan for the company to increase positive recognition and brand awareness across the multiple brands in wholesale, retail, catering and pet industries
- Leading the company's internal communication plan, including writing internal comms newsletters and messages from the senior executive team, working closely with the HR teams
- Working closely with the marketing teams on campaigns and communications
- Preparing keynote presentations and speeches for senior business heads
- Supporting the sales teams in the preparation for and presentation at industry exhibitions in the wholesale, retail and catering sectors
Skills and experience include:
- You have the tenacity and ambition to drive the PR strategy, amplifying across the industry
- You'll have worked in fast paced environments, and can overcome ambiguity to deliver work that has impact
- You're able to think creatively and bring new ideas to the table
- You have the innate ability to find the story and don't stop until you get to it
- You're assertive, confident, detail oriented, highly organised and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- You're able to analyse and react to situations that evolve rapidly, with tact and diplomacy
- You are a highly articulate individual with excellent written and communications and presentation skills
- You have great leadership and management skills
- You have strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience of developing CSR tools would be advantageous
- You have experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- You are a dependable team-player with ability work independently
- You have the confidence and ability to work with all levels of personnel within the business; including directors, regional managers and operational staff
- Education: BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- You have at least 5 year's experience working in PR and events with a proven record for growing reach
What's in it for you?
- To grow your own remit. You will be expected to generate and drive your own PR opportunities to pitch to senior stakeholders
- To work as part of a dynamic multi-billion global conglomerate family owned business
- You will gain exposure to the wholesale, retail, catering and pet industries - an exciting group that is forward as one