PMO Planning Analyst - SC Cleared
Telford based (currently working from home)
We are actively looking to secure an SC cleared PMO Planning Analyst to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Responsibilities / requirements
Deliver planning outputs (60%)
* Quickly come up to speed in complex security programme with lots of moving parts
* Evaluate maturity of planning function across projects and workstreams (PMs). Obtain feedback from customers of the planning processes (eg CTRP SLT); examine quality and availability of the current planning artefacts and strength of the current function / capability (eg skills, process)
* Clarify planning requirements within new Programme (develop and optimise views and information that SLT will receive - frequency, channel, means etc)
* Work with programme and project managers across the 4 projects, to lead on planning and elicit information on delivery, benefits, benefits realisation, delivery risks. In some places / contexts this information does not exist, therefore there is a need to motivate and draw people together to generate it.
* Deliver views and reports to senior management in an agile and responsive way on delivery, programme and project cost and resource information, delivery risk, benefits delivery (examples here include Release Schedules, dependency views..)
* Outputs and work to align to the client's planning standards
* Expertise in MS Project, associated tools, MS Office
* Work with PMO to assure / support governance at Programme level
* Implementation of planning lessons (drive best practice in effective planning and delivery, including engagement with the wider clients Services eg Commercial, Accessibility, Testing, Security checks).
* Overview of critical path: early identification and reporting of risk
* Support project and programme managers and technical directors in effectively delivering programme outputs; support in unblocking blockers to delivery. Includes support to the harmonisation of delivery across 4 projects and exploitation of synergies.
* Requirement - strong exposure to and experience of technology environments; comfortable in this space.
Planning capability development (40%)
* Develop planning processes (Programme and Project level) to be efficient, effective, agile, responsive. Ensure a healthy dialogue with customers of planning processes to ensure that services delivered are relevant, timely and of right quality
* Ensure best practice at workstream PM level
* Raise skills and standards in Planning and PMO teams
* Closer alignment with Finance.
- Job Type:
- Business Transformation
- Job reference:
- 19 days ago