PMO Analyst -: Canary Wharf-6 months
Role: PMO Analyst
Location: Canary Wharf
Duration: 6 Months
Reporting to the PMO Lead/ Portfolio PMO, the PMO Analyst role provides information and quality analysis services to key delivery projects and portfolios within the Group Programme Management remit.
Working closely with Project and Portfolio PMOs, and PMO Support teams, the PMO Analyst role is responsible for collation, calculation and evaluation of the clients change project and programme management information (MI), in line with Clients relevant process and standards.
The role acts as a key quality support function, monitoring the quality of project and portfolio management information. The role also provides project management and governance support services, assisting in the adoption of the established project and quality management standards.
Working within Group Programme Management, the PMO will support the Project Managers and the central PMO team to ensure that all purchasing requests are processed correctly and in time
- Strong Presentation skills, Powerpoint
- Experience with Clarity
- Experience with Power BI or similar
- Excellent presentation skills - verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global change programmes and portfolios
- Experience and knowledge of supporting many projects
- Experience and knowledge of Purchase Ordering Systems
- Experience in a similar Support Function
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations would be beneficial
- Experience working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously
- Background in data support, data maintenance roles
Analysis of Project and Portfolio MI
- Amalgamation, filtering and consolidating of project, programme and portfolio information for Collation and analysis of project and portfolio MI, working with Project and Portfolio PMOs, and PMO Support teams, for status and reporting
- Quality assurance (QA) of data used for management reporting purposes, received from Project or Portfolio Managers.
- Gather data/information on potential ideas and solutions, developing an understanding of cost/benefit principles.
- Collates accurate and relevant data to support budgeting and forecasting.
- Provision of analysis commentary for project, programme and/or portfolio reporting, working with PMO Lead or Portfolio PMO
- Provision of guidance and advice to the project manager in the adoption of and compliance with clients project management standards
- analysis and reporting
Reporting of Project and Portfolio MI
- Assisting the PMO Lead and Portfolio PMO with the analysis of information for reporting and status updates
- Production of project MI and reports, covering at least delivery, schedule, budget, resource, issue and risk management updates
- Review project plans, ensuring adherence to clients standards and delivery of milestones and project timelines
- Collate data to support risk identification and evaluation, maintaining a clear and accurate risk log.
- Demonstrate understanding of risk mitigation techniques and support risk mitigating activities.
- Production of project, programme and portfolio information and quality reports for compliance against Group Programme Management standards
QA of Project and Portfolio MI
- Monitoring adherence to the established project management standards throughout the project lifecycle
- Assist in project planning where necessary, documenting project resource requirements and updating when necessary.
- Reviewing project, programme and portfolio data in the PM systems and storage for completeness and accuracy
- Understand and adhere to the change framework, gathering data to support application and monitoring.
- Working with PMO Leads and PMO Support teams to ensure that project reports and information are consistent (e.g. risk information ties up with task dates, etc.)
- ProvidingQA analysis of the project;
- Delivery plan and schedule issue and risk logs
- Financial plan
- Resource plan
- Change and Approval logs
- Risk and Issue logs
- Business Case documentation
to ensure the information is maintained complete and up to date in line with the established standards
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time by the Finance Business Partner to assist in the general running of the Department.
Purchase Order Processing
- To maintain the Purchase Order list and issue periodic updates to Project Managers.
- Collect invoices and purchase orders and send to Accounts Payables to process.
- To ensure that all POs are correctly calculated, approved and processed. Ensure that no POs are raised against the wrong project.
- Investigate and resolve purchase order queries as required.
- To reconcile invoices and POs and balance of POs
- Ensure all invoices are sent to Accounts Payables team with a PO number.
- To liaise with suppliers concerning invoice queries.
- Control and investigate invoice mistakes, for instance if a PO does not have enough funds to cover for the invoice. Liaise with suppliers and PO requestors.
- Contribute to project stakeholder identification and communication planning.
- Deliver clear and accurate analysis to facilitate stakeholder discussions.
- Build trust with stakeholders by consistently understanding and fulfilling stakeholder requests in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Accountable for all Purchasing related reports
- Provide communications to all stakeholders across the portfolio including, but not limited to, Finance Business Partners, Project Managers and PMO
- Reports to the clients PMO central team.
- Contacts and liaises with Finance Business Partners for authorisation of Finance codes/Budget and Project Managers for orders.
- Liaises with employees at all levels within the PMO team and Accounts Payable.
If this sounds like you, apply now!