Platform Solution Architect - Corsham
Our client is currently working with the MOD on a complex long term project to deliver cutting edge information and communications technology (ICT) to enhance deployed operational command and control. It will be used by the Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force to support Sovereign and coalition operations at home and overseas.
This programme will replace a number of legacy Communication and Information systems and will provide universal access and similar user experience across all security domains in all physical locations. Operating from Corsham, our client and their partners are delivering next generation solutions to some of the MOD's most challenging technical issues.
The Platform Solution Architecture Service supports the Solution Management team providing platform subject matter expertise for the programme solution.
The Platform Solution Architecture service is responsible for:
- Working with the Solution Design Authority to develop and refine technological roadmap and High Level Design (HLD).
- Working with the users to understand their requirements and identify any constraints that may impact on the platform solution.
- Determining the interoperability, dependencies, and interactions between the infrastructure, platform, and the software environment.
- Determining technical requirements.
- Developing, architecting, and documenting Intermediate Level Design (ILD) infrastructure solutions for the Development team to implement, ensuring their coherence across the solution and compliance with applicable standards and policies.
- Working with stakeholders and the Solutions Team to develop, architect, and document technical patterns for common problems.
- Working with the Solution Engineers to ensure that the design intent is being realised.
- Reviewing and approving Low and Detailed Level Design (LLD and DLD) solutions and supporting artefacts.
- Conducting product assessments for all platform software.
In order to deliver this service, you will have a mix of the following experience:
- An understanding of platform solution architectures:
- Solution design of secure hardware and software solutions, demonstrating successful delivery on complex, large scale programmes utilising emerging technologies where possible.
- Delivering against high pressure timelines and in complex organisations.
- Writing technical requirements and producing detailed solution designs.
- Conducting rational product selections against complex requirements, specifically measuring performance, cost and time.
- Demonstrable experience, expert knowledge, and understanding of the design, deployment, and troubleshooting of:
- VMware's Virtualised Desktop Infrastructure (Horizon) product set.
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESXi 6.5, vCentre 6.5, vSAN
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 core operating systems.
- Additional Microsoft based technologies such as Exchange, Skype, SQL, and Group Policy.
- Microsoft Windows 10, various Linux implementations from thick client to zero client VDI solutions.
- Experience operating in a secure environment such as MoD, National Intelligence or Central Government
- A grasp of MOD Service management tooling and ITIL.
- Excellent communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programmes, and technology projects.
The organisation is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefit and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to be a UK national and willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - employer contribution of up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets