I have an exciting opportunity for a Platform Engineer to join a thriving digital organisation. This is a technical role and you'll be reporting to the UK&I Digital Security Head of Platform Management.
Platform Engineer Duties;
* Setup and manage HDP Platform, handling all Hadoop environment builds, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
* Develop scripts/ tools to automate platform maintenance activities.
* Work with sustenance engineering on emergency fixes.
* Debug day to day job issues in Hadoop platform and provide solutions.
* Perform software release management tasks.
* Health monitoring of multiple HDP clusters using centralized dashboards, for Hadoop services, overall server health, custom applications running on the cluster.
* Troubleshoot Log collection and ingestion via Apache NiFi to our MDR platform from various network devices (like Firewall, Switches, Router, Proxy, IPS, WAF, Etc..), servers, and Cloud resources.
* Coordinate with Network, Infrastructure, and other organizations as required.
* Make changes to parsers for enabling use cases.
* Perform root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures.
* Configuration of high level and low level HDP parameters to fine tune performance of the cluster.
* Manage escalations on FCAPS issues.
Platform Engineer Benefits;
- Hybrid working model
- 25 days annual leave
- Great Culture
- Supportive team
- Progression opportunities
- Private Medical scheme
- On call pay
- Many more!
Skills needed as a Platform Engineer.
- Deep Expertise in managing Hadoop ecosystem components in large production clusters.
- Expertise in HDP platform/ Cloudera
- Application Deployment using JAVA & Python APIs
- Good Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python, Anaconda, Ansible
- Knowledge on Automation/ DevOps Tools Github, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data Ingestion, Data Access & Data storage using Hadoop Big Data tools like HBase, Flume, Kafka, Nifi, ElasticSearch
- Exposure to Azure administration is preferred
- Good hands-on experience of Linux, its commands and scripting are a must.
- General operational excellence. This includes good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system's capacity and bottlenecks, memory management, performance tuning and optimization for Linux and Hadoop.
- Configuration management and deployment exposure in Open-source environment.
- Knowledge of Kerberos and Apache Ranger for configuring security
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinker and good problem-solver.
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a global team environment
* Exposure and experience of Azure administration.
* Knowledge of Core Java.
* Ability to work well in a global team environment.
* Able to manage time and prioritise workload.
* Have UK Security Clearance or be eligible to pass it.
* Ability to achieve Office of Nuclear Regulation clearance (currently requires UK Born Citizen/UK National)
You will be working for a consultancy so client meeting will be required + this will take up 9 days in a month however the rest of the work is completed fully remotely
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
- Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Please apply for further information!