Canary Wharf London (2 - 5 days on site)
Must be PAYE via Umbrella
Brief Description of Role The Lead Platform Engineer sits within the Platform Team on the Future Borders / Single Trade Window programme and leads a team of four platform engineers and one test engineer.
Platform Engineers are responsible for the live running of the service, assisting development of the application team from an infrastructure perspective and responsible for the security of the application. The Platform Engineers manage the following:
1. AWS infrastructure e.g. servers / load balancers / Kubernetes cluster / databases
2. Development environment and processes e.g. Pipelines / Jenkins / VPN access / Github
3. Running the alerting and monitoring stack of the application e.g. Prometheus / Pingdom / PagerDuty
Brief Description of Tasks to perform
What Technologies are they required to know
- Good understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services we are delivering; focusing on simplicity, decoupling, testing, iteration and deployment.
- Strong Linux and troubleshooting skills, scripting and automation.
- A minimum of 2 years working with AWS in production environments.
- Strong AWS API/CLI and experience of working with Terraform.
- A minimum of 1 year working with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Reasonable fluency in Python and at least one other programming language e.g.: Ruby, Go.
- Experience of at least one configuration management tool e.g.: Puppet, Ansible, Chef.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of creating/working with Code Pipelines e.g.: Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, drone, GoCD.
- Mandatory Technical Skills As above.
- Desirable Technical Skills
If you feel like your skills match the requirements, then please submit your CV and we will be in touch!