Platform Engineer - Permanent - Remote - Competitive Salary
Our client, who are Global Leaders in Medical Research, are currently looking for a Platform Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. Our client is having a tremendous growth following on from last year and have a very bright future ahead of them. This role will be remote based but can also accommodate people who would like to work from an office.
Platform Engineers champion DevOps culture within their organisation, owning the platform, CI/CD pipelines and automating findings to make them more efficient. You'll be an expert in efficient deployment, designing, building and maintaining core infrastructure and debugging platform issues to ensure smooth running at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience as an Infrastructure, DevOps, Platforms or Site Reliability Engineer, with a good working knowledge of tools such as; Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, system monitoring tools, CI/CD tools and automated testing frameworks.
- You will have a good understanding and advocacy of the DevOps culture and squad mentality in software development, with excellent working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including: VPC, TGW, Route53, EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, S3, EFS, EBS, KMS.
- Ideally you will have experience of building production grade infrastructure in AWS (Backup & Deployment Strategies, Security), with familiarity of cloud architecture concepts (Cost optimisation, High Availability, Fault Tolerance).
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional Or AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional - desirable but not essential
- Very competitive salary
- 30 days of holiday
- Individual learning budget
- An abundant of other benefits