3 - 6 Months
Livingston, Scotland (Remote)
My client are one of the largest telecoms and broadband providers in Europe and they are on the lookout for experienced Platform Engineers to join their Core operations team to help manage the combination of the old on premise and in Cloud Platforms.
As a Platform Engineer you will…
- Be responsible for managing and building the Platforms, applying updates when required and communicating that to the Service managers in a timely manner.
- You will also be expected to help deliver on a deployment strategy and develop automated tools.
- Maintain and build Google Cloud Platform
- Work within our squads to help deliver GCP Projects using our IAC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Perform component deployment where automation exists
- Develop/update departmental documentation
What do we want from you?
- A proactive mindset; monitor and track improvements and issues so they can be feed into the team's future workstreams
- An understanding of Cloud and the IAC Framework
- Google Cloud Experience is essential
- A good working knowledge of Ansible, Teraform and Github
- A good understanding of the GCP architecture including IAM and associated resources
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
If this is of interest to you then apply today for immediate consideration! Please note that this role will be remote given the current restrictions but will eventually be based on the clients site in Livingston.