Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting Lead SME needed for a years contract based in either London or Bristol. This role is working for a large telecoms company in their finance team. This is a full time 1 year contract starting ASAP. You will be supporting the definition of the end-to-end planning, budgeting and forecast process, the driver-based modelling design and leveraging SAP capabilities to move toward a fully integrated PB&F platform across functional, geographic and business unit boundaries to achieve efficient PB&F process.
- SAP BPC knowledge: Good technical understanding of the SAP BPC application and experience of design and implementation of the application for planning.
- PB&F knowledge: strong PB&F knowledge to define driver-based modelling and scenario planning business process changes and communicating changes to business audiences.
- Business acumen: Knowledgeable in the drivers of organisational performance improvement, including people drivers of performance and financial literacy (e.g. business KPIs, business cases).
- Matrix working: Comfortable working on a large programme where activities are managed according to a matrix structure. Able to work collaboratively and manage their time to meet project deliverables. Resilient and able to challenge others, dealing with resistance to change to meet defined Programme objectives.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with deep understanding of PB&F business processes and requirements
Must have experience:
- Qualified Accountant
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise of PB&F ideally within previous FP&A and Business Partner roles
- Experience of design and implemention of SAP BPC planning models with strong SAP technical skills.
- Understanding of best practices and improvement enablers
- Experience of delivering successful transformation projects where activities are managed in a matrix structure
- Experience working with global teams
- Culturally aligned
- Previous experience as PB&F SME
What you'll be doing:
- Act as core planning, budgeting and forecast subject matter expert.
- Support the relationships necessary to implement the PB&F deliverables both across the business and with the Transformation partner teams where required, demonstrating understanding of the financial and operational consequences of performance.
- Collaborate with the Plan to Report transformation members in the CFU/CUs to define PB&F best practices for the Plan to Report Tower.
- Testing & quality management
- Translate requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Assess the designs, prototypes, and other requirements work products to ensure they fulfil the requirements.
- Review of test scripts and execution of testing to ensure requirements are met in the end solution.
- Partner with the business and Transformation Partner teams to ensure PB&F activities are carried out in accordance with MFB Governance, framework and agreed ways of working.
- Assist in identifying critical path dependencies as part of supporting the development of the overall Plan to Report roadmap.