Pentaho Business Analyst (Pentaho BA, Pentaho DI)
Duration: 6 months
Location: Telford (Remote working initially)
The successful candidate with have active SC clearance or be eligible and willing to undergo SC Clearance.
We are seeking a Pentaho Business Analyst to join our client. You'll be working in a mixed supplier team, ingesting data into an Oracle database, utilising Pentaho Data Integration for ETL and Pentaho BA for reporting.
The successful individual will be able to demonstrate good practices for reporting and product development standards.
- Ability to work within defined standards and job frameworks
- Ensure clear understanding of requirements
- Work with Architects and Lead Developers to gain high level understanding of solution architecture
- Should actively participate in stand-ups and sprint meetings
- Experience in troubleshooting Pentaho BA including platform and Tools issues
- Responsible for unit testing their own work and peer reviews where required to ensure accurate completion of development task
- Familiar with GIT source code repository for code version management and branching
- Experience in Pentaho BA creating data sources, reports and dashboards. Any experience in CTools and Metadata Editor would be useful.
- Pentaho BA
- Pentaho DI (PDI)
- AWS (S3, EC2, RDS)
- General ETL knowledge
- SOS Berlin Jobscheduler
- General Scripting
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Must have Pentaho BA experience, creating data sources, reports and dashboards. Any experience in CTools and Metadata Editor would be useful.
- Experience with using Pentaho BA with relational databases. Oracle and MYSQL desirable.
- Familiar with GIT source code repository for code version management and branching.
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Operational support of system components
- Software configuration management/Version control
- Software release management/Release management of service improvements
- Experience with using PDI with relational databases. Oracle and MYSQL desirable.
- Experience with other reporting tooling, e.g., SAP Business Objects, Power BI
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.