Paralegal - SC Cleared
Experis are supporting a central government client with the recruitment for a Paralegal on a contract basis. The successful contractor will be a highly experienced legal professional with considerable experience in managing an array of complex employment law casework.
The role will involve:
- Providing paralegal support and advice on corporate matters with specific focus on employment law and other staff related matters
- Ensuring compliance with the internal policies and industry standards
- Providing legal support and advice on public law matters
- Carrying out legal research
- Assisting with updating of templates, checklists and other know-how
The role holder will have:
- At least 10 years' experience in a similar position or in terms of experience.
- A strong track record with managing complex employment law casework.
- A strong track record of managing performance management-type cases
- A strong understanding of UK civil service employment practice would be desirable.
- Qualified to practice law in England & Wales as a solicitor or barrister or in case of a Paralegal, higher education in Law or a related subject.
- An excellent knowledge of English.
- Strong legal technical and analytical skills, legal research skills and contract drafting skills.
- Proactive approach to developing a good understanding of unfamiliar issues.
- Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk.
- A proactive self-starter who is well-organised, able to prioritise and able to take the initiative.