Operational Delivery Lead
The Operational Delivery Lead will hold a senior role within the section, which will involve innovating, researching, setting and continually updating our section's strategy. They will lead a team who will interface confidently with colleagues across the wider IS section. With the support of our business stakeholders and external partners they'll ensure we're enabling as much productivity as we can and co-creating value in our outcomes as a section. Finally, through the work of subject matter experts, they'll set standards and provide technical leadership to continually improve the people, products and processes within IS Operations.
- Develop and deliver the outcomes of the section's continual improvement programme. Through experienced leadership and by providing focus, the programme will gather and analyse ideas while prioritising activities and resources to deliver measurable improvements to services delivered by IS Operations. The focus won't only be within our section but will also extend to areas of the business over which we can influence innovation and improvement. This will involve strong prioritisation and a willingness and ability to discard ideas that are lower value.
- Working with a range of suppliers and contracts that provide various IS services, including building and maintaining productive and valuable relationships which can be used to advance the work of our section. This will have a particular focus on innovating around our products, services and processes to hold our supply chain to account for delivering the highest value and ensuring that within IS Operations we're making the best use of our assets.
- Work closely with our IS Infrastructure Architecture and Delivery & IS Projects and Training Sections to represent IS Operations' interests in architecture and service design decisions across the IS portfolio of work. Influence key stakeholders to be sure that new, updated or decommissioned services are innovative, will add value immediately and can sustain this through continual improvement during their full service lifecycle.
- Work closely with our IS Strategy and Data Section to embed digital operations into new strategic visions. A close relationship with our enterprise architect will ensure that new strategies are aligned with business needs, intelligence led and support the future co-creation of value through enabling productivity within IS Operations and the client.
- Work closely with our Information Security and Records Management Section to ensure that we embed appropriate requirements into our work and invite a good level of constructive scrutiny to influence our continual improvement programme.
- In partnership with our IS Strategy and Data function document and maintain our "Digital Operations Strategy". Build human relationships and networks within IS Operations and beyond to ensure we deliver the best value from all the work we do today and that our strategic vision is aligned to business requirements of the future.
- Engage a range of stakeholders from all levels of the client to support innovation through the safe exploration of ideas, design and testing of potential new products and processes along with strategic partnerships and operating models.
- Accountability for IS business continuity and disaster recovery rests with IS Operations. The innovation and strategy manager will hold responsibility for ensuring that the services we offer meet the needs of our BC and DR requirements. This will involve representing the section at steering and working groups and managing external stakeholders in the setting of our strategy in this area. They'll ensure that our operational teams are equipped to handle a BC incident in terms of knowledge, skills and tools.
- Responsible for governance, risk and compliance across IS Operations. Conduct reviews, feed findings into our continual improvement programme with the correct priority and ensure where mandatory compliance is required this is maintained.
- Support the Head of IS Operations with budget setting and management in areas which relate to contract management, operational spend and capital investment in relation to the portfolio of projects delivered across IS. Also responsible for delegated cost purchase approval.
- Establish our experience management capability and develop this in line with the clients needs and industry influences. Create XLAs and publish these alongside our existing SLAs.
- Lead and motivate a team of subject matters experts to act as the interface between IS Operations and other areas of IS.