Non-Functional Test Manager (AWS & Azure Cloud)
We are actively looking to secure a Non-Functional Test Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
Our client is looking for an experienced Non-Functional Test Manager to manage the delivery of non-functional testing, including but not exclusively OAT and Performance Testing.
You will be working as part of the existing Non-functional testing service team. The team delivers testing services based upon the requirements of the client's portfolio.
This role is required as there is a large programme of work establishing the platforms and moving 120+ applications from the Datacentres onto a target Cloud.
This role requires technical know-how of different platforms and understanding of infrastructure and how platforms are built and integrated, both in on premise and within a cloud.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Take responsibility for the management of the testing activities within a project or programme.
- Produce Estimates, ROM and Firm when required.
- Liaise with various key project personnel to get an adequate understanding about the project scope and testing requirements.
- Develop and document the Test Strategy for a programme or large project when required.
- Develop and document Master Test Plans and stage Test Plans that are appropriate for an individual project/change.
- Manage all risks associated with the testing and take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Manage Resources to deliver the scope of work defined in the test deliverables.
- Manage the defects raised during testing.
- Liaise with various technical SMEs & Project Technical Architect/s to review the test results where appropriate.
- Provide regular progress reporting to the Test Service Manager/Programme Test Manager and Project Manager.
- Work with the Test and Integration team, Project Manager/s, Application Support team, client stakeholders, third-parties and with other project stream leaders across the project lifecycle.
- Produce the Test Completion Report for each test stage.
- Support the Test Service Manager/Programme Test Manager to manage the testing repository on sharepoint/teamrooms containing electronic copies of various test deliverables via. Test Plans, Defect Log, progress reports, etc.
- Ability to define non-functional test scope & identify create non-functional test cases
- Strong client facing skills, with the ability to understand their key drivers
- Understanding of and ability to effectively use Microfocus ALM tool to maintain testing artefacts, and to report on testing progress. ALM is being replaced with Azure Dev Ops in the next 6 months, experience in this tool for testing matters would be beneficial.
- Self-starter and flexible team player with good leadership & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail & can work on own initiative and
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong negotiation and conflict management skills, with the ability to influence others.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills involving process improvement recommendations.
- Proven experience of the delivery of Testing in the Cloud, ideally within both Azure and AWS Clouds.
- Proven experience in testing, assessing requirements with a good understanding of test techniques, metrics and some statistical analysis, different test lifecycles and the infrastructure required to support test execution.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation certificate in Testing
- Proven experience of a significant number of the following technologies (on-premise and cloud as applicable):
- Azure Cloud
- AWS Cloud
- Apache/Weblogic/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
- Apache/Tomcat/Oracle DB (n-tier apps)
- HP-UX Platform
- SUSE Linux Platform
- VB / MS Access / MS FoxPro
- MS SQL Server
- Weblogic Integration Hub & Distributed Data File transfers
- SOA technologies including Tibco
- Legacy technologies
- Desktop application components associated to the above technologies
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.